Sunday, February 14, 2010

To see it all

You know what... I am sitting here right now and have no idea whatsoever I am going to write... I never consider myself as one who wants to win the rat race or anything...The 5 days a week of wearing a mask really gets into me sometimes...

I just want to walk on this road we all call life and enjoy... One of the reasons we all want to get out and hit the road is so that we can all go and see the beauty of the world... Or maybe so that we can make it more beautiful... Or more importantly to make it all an experience...

Yes... I want to walk on this road...

Taking in the smell coming out of the flowers from the garden that i cross...

Tumble on the stone and fall down...

Dust myself and get up..

I want to walk on this road alone...

Also with my companion for life at times..

And with my lady so bright whenever she can...

I want to walk on this road...

Stop inbetween and see the beauty of the sunset...

Sit and gaze at the stars glitterring in the darkness of the night...

Waiting for the sunrise...

I want to walk on this road...

To reach at a crossroad and then decide...

Choose one of the road...

Go till the end...

Maybe come back inbetween if it was wrong, if possible...

And start all over again...

I want to walk on this road...

So that I meet others on their way...

Speak to them, Share with them...

And move ahead and they too move on...

I want to walk on this road...

In such a way that...

When I make it to the end...

And look back...

I see my footprints...

Thank myself for not having ever stopped the walking...

And rejoice that every step was worth taking...

As i said... I wrote as the words would come... this I willl add as one of my poem... I know it is not that good... But the words just came out and i well feel nice... You know this is the kind of stuff that actually makes the walking really easy...

For my great bro, a river resembles life and I chose road as life's symbol... He had written a great comparative poem on river and life... Well... maybe this one is my ode to the Road and life... He will certainly have many points to correct in this poem I know that... But somehow... for some reason... I never feel like re-writing anything.. I like them as it is... in it's most purest form ever.. from my heart through my fingers... To this screen... My life through my thoughts to my feelings... to these words...

4 comments:

  1. To each his own.

    This work part... I too have pondered over it.

    I have now started working with utmost detachment. And man, I am not in it at all. I am producing good storyboards and am also involved in client calls. But the self is there as an observer. Right now, I am conscious of the fact that I am an observer only.

    Soon naturally, 'observing' will become effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Actually, I too have started becoming more of an observer now @ office... I keep myself very detached and not get carried away... just do ur job and get out.. it has made days more enjoyable and happier..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Abhi its one of the most honest poems I have read. Often poetry is confused for a rhythmic melodious composition but for me it is best when emotions just roll off creating a bridge between reader and writer and touch their hearts. Yours did just that as my position is not much different from yours and I too find solace in written words.

    ReplyDelete