Sunday, February 14, 2010

Memories of love on my road, Memories of you

Yesterday when Avik told me he had heard about me from you... I just went down the memory lane... Everything that happened just ran through in front of my eyes... Like a movie... Got nostalgic... Got emotional... Did not go for a baseball game... Had already paid $8 for the ticket... Yet...

I thought of you so much... Much more than I ever thought about you the entire last year...

Saw the saturdays and sundays when you used to come to office... and people would call out "Hye CG"... And I would steal a sight or two... Saw us walking down the Wind Tunnel road... Saw us speaking on the terrace... Saw Last Samurai again... Saw the VRL Volvo bus again...

The first time I got introduced to you... We were just like Hye and bye... Never Met you again after that... Till my shift and team changed... Again after 2 couple of months had to go by for me to realise that after passing through the same every day as you I missed one of the most wonderful woman... one of the most beautiful girl... And it was almost too late right...

Saw us dance at Speedzone... Yes.... there were people... But then after that in the Cab.... When I was giving you all the philosophy about love... When I got down at my stop.. and the Cab went ahead... That was the night... I went to Navino and I said I really like this girl... Did not tell the truth...

I saw myself patting your head everytime after lunch... That too when you would turn the glass to drink... Hahaha... It was fun to irritate you like that...

Hye remember... this day... I do... there was no Jeni and Jani Seth... Only we two were there... for lunch.. and Just when you were about to speak about your crush.. Deepti and Jyothsna joined... I felt like telling them to get lost...

But... I wanted to gift you a jacket... You said no... I wanted to gift you my love... Knew you would say no... Out of the context here... but just came...

Then I gifted something to Us... Yes... I arranged for the lunch at Shishu mandir... It was your greatest desire... And I wanted to play a part in it... I also saw you enjoying every moment of it... I never expressed my love for you till then... Did not Know when... Did not know if I ever would... But then seeing you there... Picturising us... I told you right after we came from then... You did not believe me...

Loved you so much... Knew that I will miss you... loved you so much... In such a way... that... In love... For the first time I cried... For the first I experienced pain... Never showed you that... Never could...

Then there was a day... When I went to buy some books asa gift for you... I bought the books for you... Then I bought books for me... And I went and sat at M.G. Road... Listening to my walkman... Looking at the road ahead... Looking at life... Thought about you... That night I went back and penned down 5 poems back to back... Never thought I would sweat writing something... Never though I would sleep so well that day... Pretty amazing when they were the first poems I wrote.. Never thought I could ever write like my bro... You helped me... It was like I developed a circle behind my head that day... Thanks... You helped me...

The penultimate night... We went for dinner... We saw Last Samurai... In the interval I brough Coffee for you... Everytime that silent romance used happen on screen... I looked at you... You were looking at the screen...

Then I dropped you till home... You did not go inside till I had gone out of the vision... That walk to my home... Through the spooky Wind Tunnel road... I did not even get scared... Maybe becuase I was full of love...

On the last day... I surprised you by ringing the bell of your door early in the morning... You were not even freshened up... Your roomies were "Oh no!"... Your customized, personal and entertaining Coolie was at your service...

We returned the Gas cylinder.. I still have your stove... Momento of my love ha... We sold some items... You bought a Dairy for me...

Then again on Wind Tunnel road I asked you... Remember the song "Sunona Sunona" from Chalte Chalte... And you said "Yes" and then you said "Abhinesh"... On the way back from ATM... You said you are going to change once you reach Mumbai... and I thought you were speaking of the clothing...

That evening I cried on your terrace... You had gone to change to your home... I looked at the sunset... never saw it so blurred... Never thought it would take something away with it...

In the city cab enroute to the bus stand... So crammed and You had to adjust because of an extra person... your leg hurt... I felt so guilty...

The Bus came on time... Just when I prayed to god to delay it... There was no time... No time for me to say for the last time "I Love You... ".... I could not let your hand off... I kept looking at it as it went out... of vision... I could not do anything... Maybe I should have come with you...

Wish you never say "Only if I had”...

Go... Fly...

1 comment: