Friday, February 4, 2011

My Koan - I wrote

Once there was a young monk who had travelled all over the country and it’s holy places. He had also lived in forests and caves. Still he had not yet realized the Self. Then once when he was passing thorugh a village, he heard of a Swami who everyone claimed to be Self Realised. This young monk thought of meeting him and asking him how he did it. So he went to meet the monk who was just sitting under a tree. The young monk went, bowed down and with folded hands asked the monk, “I have visited all the places that one can visit, practiced all the methods of concentration and have not yet realized the Self. Please tell me if I have missed anything”. The Swami looked towards him and then burst out in laughter. He almost rolled on the floor. At that moment, the young monk got enlightened.

1 comment: