Friday, April 16, 2010

Some office humor on the way...

These are fictional accounts and written only in pure humor. Any resemblance to any one living or dead is purely coincidental ;-)

(Inside a meeting room)
Mngr: You need to tell me whenever you go to the toilet.
Member: No, I will not.
Mngr: Why what is wrong with that?
(Then there started a whole debate over THIS-- Outcome, the member caved in so that he can get out of the room!)

Mngr: Our Team from Ninkampoo is asking for help.
Subordinate: We are ourselves short-staffed and swamped with work.
Mngr: Are you sure? Is there anything we can do?
Subordinate: Yes, we are swamped. Inform them of our situation.
Mngr: No, there should be something we can do. Let's see.
(No comments, what else can the slaves do... c'mon, you are here to take off load from the teams in Ninkampoo and do your work as well. Is that too much to ask for?)

Mngr: Our Team from Ninkampoo is asking for help.
Subordinate: We are ourselves short-staffed and swamped with work.
Mngr: Are you sure? Is there anything we can do?
Subordinate: Yes, we are swamped and finding it difficult. Inform them of our situation.
Mngr: Ok, no worries. I will call them and say that I can help them. Let me see how I can help them.
(Thanks so much. BTW, Did you know we are also finding it difficult... Ahh, never mind. ohh, now that was obvious).

Mngr: Where is my Favouriteeee? I miss my Favouriteee!
(Subordinate is surprised and slightly homophobic)

Mngr: You think it is fair to send my Favourite to Ninkampoo now and then later to Timbaktoo as well, right?
Subordinate: Ok.
Mngr: You too have good things in store.
(Now that is a naive subordinate or rather foolish as well)

Subordinate: Lets send this awesome individual to Timbaktoo.
Mngr: Really, you think so?
Subordinate: Yes, very good performer.
Mngr: I have my doubts if this possible. Anyways, send a mail to my mngr and see. But i would not raise my hopes.
(Subordinate drafts and sends the mail)
Mngr: Ohh another thing, I think this awesome individual wanted to pursue studies. Check on that.
(Any more hurdles you can think of)
(Mngr's mngr confirms that the awesome individual can go to Timbaktoo)
Mngr: Subordinate, good job on that.
(Really!!!)

(Inside a meeting room)
Mngr: Now when Dean called you from Ninkampoo for help why did you say no?
Subordinate: You know it. We are only # people here. He is aware of it. How can a greater # team ask for a smaller # team for help?
Mngr: I don't think that is nice although I see where you are coming from (can you get more creative).
Mngr: But you did not handle it better.
Subordinate: But do you see the real issue? How can we be expected to help when we ourselves are underwater?
Mngr: Don't say no. Just say "Ok, we will this but maybe you can do that for us".
Subordinate (with a puzzled look): How will that help the situation? That is no solution.
Mngr: NO. But we can't say a direct NO.
(Well it is so messed up, and it turns out to be a heated argument and after 15-20 minutes of argument, instead of work)
Mngr: I do not need a loose cannon for my Ninkampoo team.
Subordinate: Ok, I am fine with that.
(Oops.. sorry.. .that got serious)

(Inside a meeting room-- Ohh, I want to get out of here already)
2 Subordinates: We do not want to do this new function.
Mngr: But we have agreed to do this.
2 Sub: Who did? We were not asked for it?
Mngr: This was agreed much before.
2 Sub: But we were then 4, now we are only 2 left in the team.
(Mngr gives a blank look-- maybe, bad in maths)
2 Sub: We still never did it then, why should we do it now?
Mngr: No, we need to do it. That is it.
(Well, the argument would have gone for 45 mins or so and inbetween...)
Mngr: I see where you are coming from.
(and inbetween)
Mngr: I hear you.
(Does not look like that and seriously, can you be more creative)
(and inbetween)
Mngr: But, But, But... (so you confirm you are missing the point).
(Here's the outcome, 2 Subordinates came out puzzled as they were still expected to take on the new function--- Now that is what I call "People's Manager)

So that's it for office humor. Will be back for something more significant, heart touching and spiritual. Till then... Work hard.

3 comments:

  1. Abe, where did u copy these from....these so definitely cant be true or is it!!!!????? ;)

    Anyways just 4 of us and the rat in the woods will know the story behind the above...awesome!

    But remember we arent out of the woods yet!!!ha ha ha ha..and no but but about tat ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehhe.. Anju.. I know... But we 4 had an amazing time.. didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... Hilarious.. Reading thru all this now is funny !

    ReplyDelete